Frequently Asked Questions for Clear Creek County Short Term Rental Permits

Have a question about a notice you received?
Matching advertisements to assessor property ownership records is not a perfect process, although we use many tools and resources to be as accurate as possible. If you received a letter for a rental that is not your property - we can take care of updating that advertisement record quickly for you. Please just email us at so that we can help as quickly as possible!
How does Clear Creek County define a Short Term Rental?

A short term rental accommodates up to eight (8) individuals at one time for less than 30 consecutive days. Short term rentals include:

Single Family Dwellings
  1. Single Family Dwellings
  2. Duplexes
  3. Multi-family dwellings
  4. Townhomes
  5. Condominiums
  6. Mobile Homes
  7. Rooms
  8. Timeshares

A short term rental does NOT include hotels, motels or other types of commercial lodging.

A large short term rental is one that accommodates nine (9) or more individuals at one time. Large short term rentals are restricted to lots of 2 acres or greater in size. 

How do I obtain a State of Colorado Sales Tax License? 
If you do not yet have a license with the State of Colorado, you can use our State License Application Guide as a resource to help you apply for your license. 
What payment methods can I use online?
Clear Creek County offers credit card payments in the online system.
Can I manage multiple properties with one login?
Yes - to do so, click "Add or remove properties from your user login by clicking here." 
Can a property have more than one user?
Of course!  Each property can have an unlimited number of users. Each user is required to provide the 6 digit Account Number and MUNIRevs Activation code to be authorized to connect to an existing record. 
I misplaced my compliance letter with my activation code. What do I do?
Contact MUNIRevs support at or (888) 751-1911 for assistance. You will need to confirm account details to be verified for the account. To protect the security on business accounts, you will need written (e-mail) permission from a registered owner or officer of the business for us to provide you with a new activation code. 
I forgot my password. What do I do? 
From the Log In page, click the “Forgot your password” link and follow the instructions that will be e-mailed to the User’s registered e-mail address.
I need to close my account. What do I do?
Please email Clear Creek County at Please include the closure date (i.e. date of sale) and the reason you are closing the account (i.e. no longer short-term renting).
Do I have to login to MUNIRevs to see my alerts and reminders?
No. All alerts are e-mailed to your authenticated e-mail address. When you login to the system, you will also see any open alerts that need to be addressed in your Action Center. 
For Assistance, Contact 
MUNIRevs Support
(888) 751-1911

When contacting support, be sure to include the jurisdiction (Clear Creek County) and your account number in all emails or voicemails. This will help us assist you as promptly as possible. Thanks!